February 20, 2019

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

I'm counting the days until I move to Seoul.  I am looking forward to being in a hub as opposed to being....well, definately not a hub.  I went home at the end of January and the beginning of February.  The Family is moving to the Syracuse are in Northern Utah.  Thank heaven that Rachel and Collin are good and selling things!  We had a lot of stuff and I got sick about two days in to my trip.  But it's less depressing to be sick with people around than sick all by yourself, even if you just want to be alone and miserable all by yourself. 

I am finishing up my contract at Youngbuk Elementary.  I have 4th , 5th, and 6th graders this week.  Luckily the numbers are small.  After all, it's just me and my bad Korean teaching the class and them with their broken English trying really hard to understand what I ask them to do.  They are good kids, though, so it should be fun. 

There are many people that I will miss here: my students and friends from church and school.  Hopefully, we will all meet again. 

I was watching the movie Hugo with my students yesterday and there was a very thought provoking part that I had forgotten from when I first watched it.  Hugo likes machines and is repairing an automaton left by his father.  He mentions that machines don't come with extra parts.  They always only have all the parts that they need.  He says that he imagines the world is just a giant machine and if we are here and apart of this machine then there must be a reason.  I was really touched by that because it often feels to me like my reason is a mystery.  Sometimes we understand the reason that we are here and sometimes we lose touch with that knowlege.  So, it was a help to me to be reminded. 

Love you all!  Spring is coming!  Yahoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment